Tuesday, March 5, 2013

New Horse

Ok so the cat may as well come out of the bag. My partner has brought me Butch. He is a 12yo old TB who is pretty low mileage, and is an awesome jumper and field hunter. Of course he is very ugly and quite unorthodox. That being said he is awesome. Just a genuine honest horse, who if you keep him quiet and don't rattle him will jump the moon. Now I don't know if any of my readers have been around that long, but 5 years ago Butch came to my place to hang out and jump small tracks after a fall as a 6yo. So these pictures are from then. Yes he is a camel and no he has only gotten less attractive.

 photo 100_0452-1.jpg

 photo 100_0474.jpg

Here is one from now

 photo Butch2_zps165e453f.jpg

I hope I can do him justice. He isn't a grand prix horse but he will cruise around the 1.30m and give me heaps more mileage. I just have to learn to not press him at the jumps because he jumps straight through the front rail on the oxer if I do that. Anyway, here is a video of our first 1.20m together from the weekend. You can see where I pressed him. Forgive my riding, I have trouble sitting on his jump and have gotten way too fat, which I definitely plan to fix.

So here he is my new BFF:

4 comments:

  1. He has a great jump and a great back end. I'm a fan. Many congrats! Your partner sounds like a most excellent person. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking good ....are you going to horse of the year?

    ReplyDelete
  3. So he's not a cute as Connie, but hardly a camel! How awesome of your partner to buy you such an awesome horse. Me jealous! I'm writing for ring 2 on Wed at HOY, will say hi if I see you.

    ReplyDelete