Monday, July 18, 2011

Yo yo

I promise a new post will be coming. I'm writing one on horse that stop. For the moment I apologise for my lack of posting activity.my parents are away and just my sister and I are running the whole farm. Which is fine only be have had a few disasters. We had a week of a bad weather system that involved thunder, lightning, torrential rain, hail and gale force winds. After a week of that it was starting to get a bit hard to get out of bed. Add in that I haven't had a day off since the 27th of June and I'm getting a bit weary and things like blogging (and riding le gasp!) go by the wayside. That being said I have ridden The Kate again and it was nice to be on a real horse even if she dos look like she is half bear. What a coat for a TB. I think I have ridden maybe 6 or 7 times in the last 3 weeks. Thats lame!

Anyway here is the picture of when I was driving the tractor and it was so wet that I slid off a hill into this culvert, even though I had the brakes on.



You cant see it but the far front wheel is way off of the ground. A digger came and pulled it out. I'm told a good driver could have driven it out, but I don't believe that this is so. I just found some men who got it out and left me to the milking. Being a girl has a few advantages on the farm.


This is a good picture to show how much rain we had. I was like over 200ml in 3 days or something equally insane. The first day of heavy rain we were milking super fast as the water in the pit-(where you stand to milk the cows) starting climbing and we finished just in time to get out before our gumboots got filled. Thought Kims did when she was all "it's fine" And I was like until you move and she moved and I was right. The picture was taken in the afternoon after milking and despite the pump going all day it was still overflowing. That pit is about 3 foot deep so it was a lot of water.



We were not happy farmers.

2 comments:

  1. gosh love your tractor shot although I know it was probably pretty scary at the time and a pain in the neck to deal with

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yikes!! That is a ton of rain. Not sure if it's better or worse than snow.

    ReplyDelete