Wednesday, June 15, 2011

New Eyes

yesterday I had a very scary but painless surgery in which they lasered my very shortsighted eyes into good eyes. It hurt for about 6 hours afterwards quite a lot but it seems totally worth it. Now I just have to avoid infection and damaging the surface of the eye and I'm sitting pretty. My vision is already better than normal in the right eye and that's after only 24hrs.

It really was quite scary lots of lasers and lights and you can smell your eye evaporating and feel them tugging at the eye surface even though there is no pain, but I feel like it's a small price to pay after so many years as a glasses wearer. Contacts are expensive so I just ride in my glasses which means in the rain I don't see well. Hunting last time I had a run in a shower and couldn't see any of the fences I was jumping properly but obviously Rascal had in under control because we lived. The other issue is that during hot shows I warm up and sweat a little and when I stand and wait at the in-gate my glasses fog up because the air isn't moving over them. And sometimes my glasses slide down my nose. But not anymore. Boom town. So very excited. (Also very very poor- no winter holiday for me this winter)

I have had glasses since I was a little tacker and I was truly that smart totes nerdy kid and then I had braces and really I lived the stereotype. I always felt pretty subconscious about my glasses. I didn't later in life but I still felt like people saw the glasses before me. Now I just need to dye the hair a new colour and get dating and I'll be sitting pretty haha. LOL!

2 comments:

  1. Oh wow! I've been wanting to try laser surgery, but it seems completely scary! You'll have to let me know how well it works, as maybe I'll get the nerve to try it myself!
    And I know what you mean about fogging up! Happened to me yesterday during my lesson and there's nothing better then riding blind!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your optimism! One of these days, I'm going to look into that, too. Hope recovery goes well for you.

    ReplyDelete