Saturday, September 19, 2009

Solway Practise Day



Sigh I have to say having had a little much fun this weekend I was pretty tired going to this but havin Truckie on the road again with Kim in the passenger seat and nice horses in the back was amazing. Rascal was very cute but then went amazing once Kim figured out the canter she wanted and they both jumped really well. Kim just neds to learn to trust her because really Rascal doesn't stop.

Kate was also excellent. Required a lot of leg to the liverpool and I have one miscommunication with her about when we should take off and I landed rather heavily on her back and that upset her a little. Thankfully for me she didn't just bury me but it tok me the rest of the ride to get the balls to jump that line again and she did it nice as, I just needed to dogleg more to the liverpool and ride on to it. But basically I'm feeling more and more confident on her, she adores her job and I love her to pieces. When I think of all the fun I missed out on riding Fred wen I could have had something like Kate I kick myself, but then it worked out so I did learn a lot and so that I ended up with Kate who suits me well. I wont ever take that long to pass a horse in again though. Just not worth it. So I guess feeling happy and excited about the first show in a fortnight, just need to go kick Connies ass into gear now.

3 comments:

  1. You and Kate seem to be doing better and better together - she does seem to suit you very well. Like the picture - she's still making sure the Liverpool doesn't get her!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the pic over the liverpool! They always seem to make 'super' jumps over them... Glad you and Kate are getting on so well. Have fun at the show!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Com'on Becx - what happened at the weekend?

    ReplyDelete