Saturday, May 2, 2009

A wee jump on Kate



Gah, sometimes I ride Kate and just think man I have so much to fix yet. I rode her in a flash today and it made Kate angry. She bounded a bit and I thought she might buck. She was mainly just freash more than anything. She moved off the inside leg a bit better than the first time, and I got a few nice moments. She is pretty tricky and offers a false frame, but she is still a bit locked in her neck, so I have to push her past that.



Jumped a jump a few times and man, she sighted the fence and just went at it like a rocket, running herself very deep. Sigh. She even did it to poles. She needs lots of schooling with lengthening and collection. The exercise that kept her quietest over the fence was just jumping on a big circle. I have to be very very careful not to change the way I'm riding at all. If I even look at the fence too hard, she feels me tense up and starts to run.





Her new bridle looks lovely though.

2 comments:

  1. Ooh, I love the bridle, looks gorgeous on her.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Like the bridle a lot! There are a lot of horses out there who seem to rush their fences - they think that's what they're supposed to do since no one's ever taught them to do anything else. At least she seems to "lock on" to the fences well - a good trait in a jumper.

    ReplyDelete